Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye summer :(

Today is September 1...  Labor Day weekend is coming up, and along with that is the deadline I gave myself for my summer list.  I have now come to the very sudden, and kind of crushing, realization that I didn't even come CLOSE to doing all the things on my list.  And now I won't have time before the weekend's over.  Maybe for a few of them, but not all the things that are left.

Among the things not done:
--Fly a kite
--Go camping
--Ride on a tractor
--Make a bouquet of wildflowers
--Roast marshmallows over a fire
--Go swimming
--Go fishing
--Go horseback riding
--Trapshooting

And I certainly didn't write in my journal every week and there's no way that can be fixed.

For some reason, the fact that these things will be left undone at the end of the summer...  It's hitting me hard. To be perfectly honest with you, it kind of makes me want to cry.  I mean, up until now, there was hope that I could do it all.  But now it's September.  BOOM.  Summer gone.

There is one good thing though...  There are some things that I can most certainly finish.  I can watch the sun set, dance all night, go swing in the park, and watch the sun rise.  Who knows, maybe I could go fishing and make my bouquet too...  And maybe even throw in some beer pong.  (I've never done it before, and summer seemed as a good a time as any lol)

So...  We'll see on Monday.  Maybe there's still hope after all.

1 comment:

  1. You still have time! Fall does not start until the equinox, which is Sept 22 this year. ;)

    Light a little fire in the backyard and have your marshmallows, too!)

    ReplyDelete